Bittersweet Ski Resort is located at:
600 River Road
Otsego, MI 49078
Bittersweet Ski Resort is a resort and recreational facility in Otsego, MI. The resort contains 350 vertical feet, 20 runs, 7 chairs lifts, 2 wonder carpets, and 2 rope tows. The indoor lodge is where you'll find the restaurant, bar, and the full service ski shop.
To ensure you feel safe when you are visiting with us, we have certified Ski Patrol fully staffed at all times ready to help at the drop of a snowflake. If you would like to improve your skills while on the hill, we offer private, semi-private, and group lessons through our onsite ski school, where all lessons are taught by certified ski instructors.
There's always fun to be had at Bittersweet Ski Resort, whether it's a casual day on the hill, or a competitive day where we host a series of races. We also host events for skiers and snowboarders of all ages!
Come on out to Bittersweet and enjoy the snow with us!
COVID-19 Policy at Bittersweet
Bittersweet is planning on opening for the 20/21 season. With the safety of our guests, employees and community front of mind, we are excited to welcome skiers and riders back to Bittersweet with new policies and procedures in place. Below is what you can expect when you visit Bittersweet this year.
*Please note that this operating plan is subject to change as restrictions evolve. We will do all we can to keep our staff and guests safe will still providing the opportunity for skiers and riders to enjoy the slopes.
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people space and ask before jumping on chairlifts.
- Face covering will be required when 6 feet of social distancing between guests and/or staff is not possible. Examples include:
- The Lift Line
- The Chairlift Chair
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- More outdoor seating has been made available this season.
- Please check the website for hours of operation, snow conditions, and operating policies before visiting.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required indoors.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in common areas
- Staff will regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces and common areas.
- Seating will be configured to allow for distancing.
- Bags must be kept in either a locker, cubby, or in your car. Locker/cubby space is limited.
Lift Tickets and Season Passes
- Bittersweet will not restrict ticket or pass sales.
- We encourage season pass holders to purchase their passes online and pick them up pre-season.
- To prevent long ticket lines, mobile ticket sellers will be stationed outside on busy days.
- More information TBD
- Please visit the Ski School page for details https://skibittersweet.com/snow-school-rentals/snow-school-lessons-programs/
Food and Beverage
- Face coverings must worn at all times unless eating or drinking
- Do not remove masks until seated.
- Offerings will be limited this season.
- Rearranging, moving, or reserving tables will NOT be allowed.
- Crockpots will NOT be allowed.
- Outdoor seating has been expanded for those bringing paper bag lunches.
- The patio grill will be open regularly.
- A limited number of guests will be allowed in the shop at a time.
- More Information TBD
What We Expect from You
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Please wear a mask when indoors, in lift lines, or when social distancing is not possible.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to stay outside.
- Resort occupancy will be limited this year and access to the lodge – with the exception of restrooms – is not guaranteed.
- Please think of “booting-up” at your vehicle to limit time spent lingering indoors as well as our new policy of no bags or gear left in the lodge.
- We ask that you spend no longer than 30 minutes at tables indoors due to limited seating.
- Be respectful of employees at all times, including while enforcing COVID-19 related regulations.