With a 350 foot vertical, 20 runs, 6 chairs lifts (2 of which are high speed lifts), 3 wonder carpets, and 2 rope tows, Bittersweet is the perfect place to spend the day and play in the snow!
Inside the lodge you’ll find a full service bar/restaurant, a cafeteria-style restaurant, the Caribou coffee shop, an equipment rental department, our ski/snowboard school, and a full service ski shop. The outdoor grill is a great alternative to grab a burger, brat, or chicken sandwich.
There is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating throughout. Indoor areas have great views with a fireplace, and outdoor seating includes 2 heated patios, each with firepits.
Up to date ski and snowboard equipment rental is available at all times.
The Snowberry Ski Shop has everything you need for a fun day outside, and our certified technicians are always available for help with new and used equipment maintenance.
Our Ski and Snowboard School offers private and group lessons. Our ski and snowboard staff is second to none, with highly skilled and knowledgeable instructors who teach all ages and ability levels. Join us and see why so many of our customers keep coming back for more.
We have a certified Ski Patrol, fully staffed at all times and ready to help at the drop of a snowflake.
Lodging is not available onsite, but there are plenty of lodging recommendations HERE.
Come on out to Bittersweet and enjoy the snow with us!
Ski & Ride Safety Guide
Bittersweet’s expectation of our Skiers and Snowboarders is to follow the Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski patrol employee.
Winter sports involve risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions and actions contribute to your safety and that of others. If you need help understanding the Code, please ask any ski area employee.
For more information, click here to view THIS PAGE on MSIA’s website.
General indoor guidelines
- No personal items will be allowed to stay on the table or floor space. Lockers are available for personal items ($.75 cents each time to lock) Otherwise, additional items should be left in your vehicle.
- Clean facilities. Hand sanitizer stations are available in common areas.
General OutDOOR guidelines
- Be Courteous to others at all times
- While in the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- Single rider lines may be limited. You should take the opportunity to board a chair in a safe manner where there is a space available.
- Be sure your lift ticket or season pass is visible to the lift operator or ski patrol at all times.
- Please check the website or call our snowline at 269.694.2820 for hours of operation, snow conditions, prices and/or any changes due to weather before visiting.
Lift Tickets and Season Passes
- Bittersweet will not restrict lift ticket or pass sales.
- We encourage season pass holders to purchase their passes online and pick them up during pre-season office hours.
- Lift tickets are not sold online or over the phone, but are available in person during hours of operation at the main office ticket window.
- Gift Cards are always available for purchase over the phone or in person during office hours.
- Group rates are available for parties of 20 or more with advanced reservations.
- Both ski and snowboard rentals are available.
- Half sizes are not available. Please work with a rental equipment employee to be sure you are fitted with the proper sizes.
- Shoes and personal items should to be kept in an available locker or in your vehicle. Bittersweet is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
ski and Snowboard school
- It is always a good idea to take a lesson!
- Ski and snowboard lessons are available for all skill levels.
- We have some of the best and most skilled ski and snowboard instructors in Michigan.
- Please visit the Ski/Snowboard School page for schedules, prices, and further details
Food and Beverage
We have plenty of food and drink options!
Our Cafeteria is open at all times during hours of operation.
Bar/lounge hours: Mon-Friday 12 noon-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, & Sun 12pm-9pm
- Views of the hill can be seen from all seating areas
- Rearranging, moving, or reserving tables will NOT be allowed.
- Crockpots/outside food are NOT be allowed in any area.
- The outdoor patio grill will be open during weekend and holiday periods.
What We Expect from You
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- We ask that you spend no longer than 60 minutes at tables indoors due to limited seating.
- Use a locker or leave personal items in your vehicle.
- Please pick up after yourself.
- Be respectful of employees at all times.
- Have fun!!
Questions & Answers
Click below for answers to some common questions.